Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Shadow In The Room

Moving Forward. Fear tangles my feet. Too many worries on a cool autumn birth. Your pride unhinges you. My words massacre your wings built feather by feather. The shadow has entered the room. You opened the door for it,. and sensing my fear, you cast no light upon its true meaning thinking mistakenly that leaving it to loom amidst your welcome would save my soul. I needed the light upon its face for its brutal terrifying armor of secrets to fall away. No light was I given.  Slowly the winds spun the dust winding between the three of us in the room until there was nothing clearly seen. Confusion heightened my terror and words poured from my mouth unbidden in a plea to protect my visceral insides, instead they shattered on the floor into a million shards of poison glass embedding into the heels of our soles and our souls. You ran bleeding for the door. Intent upon my certainty I pled for the removal of the shadows,.in the wake of the moon's wax,. I realize you never had any intention of admonishing the shadow from the room, instead wishing me to eat my fear with hands bound in blind faith, to accept the sting without explanation, while my eyes and ears lay in the darkness clutching at passing clips of light through the windows edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment